Part 1: Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth, 1-2 minutes longer. Chocolate should not exceed 90°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted chocolate into a silicone sphere-shaped mold (2-1/2-in. diameter). Brush melted chocolate evenly inside molds, all the way to edges, rewarming melted chocolate as needed. Refrigerate molds until chocolate is set, 3-5 minutes. Brush a thin second layer of chocolate in molds. Refrigerate until set, 8-10 minutes. Place remaining melted chocolate into a piping bag fitted with a small round decorating tip; set aside.
- Remove chocolate hemispheres from molds. In a medium bowl, whisk together baking cocoa, milk powder and confectioners' sugar. Place 3 tablespoons cocoa mixture into each of 6 of the chocolate hemispheres. Top each with 1 tablespoon marshmallow bits.
- Pipe a small amount of melted chocolate on edges of filled hemispheres; carefully adhere empty halves to filled halves, pressing lightly to seal, using additional melted chocolate if necessary. If desired, decorate with optional ingredients (Sprinkles, colored sanding sugar). Refrigerate until set. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Part 2: Preparing Hot Chocolate
- Place hot chocolate bomb in a mug; add 1 cup warm milk and stir to dissolve.
Part 3: Optional
- For Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs fill spheres with hot cocoa mix, 1 tablespoons caramel chips and a pinch of flake sea salt. Drizzle outside with melted dark chocolate and melted caramel chips; sprinkle with flake sea salt.
- For Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs fill spheres with hot cocoa mix, 1 tablespoon white baking chips and 1 tablespoon finely crushed peppermint candies. Drizzle outside with melted white chocolate tinted pink and red; top with additional crushed peppermint candies.