- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter ( room temperature )
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar ( packed )
- Optional: Black food coloring
- 1 Large egg ( room temperature )
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup deZaan Holland Carbon Black 10/12% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp deZaan Holland Carbon Black 10/12% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Guittard 46% Semisweet Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- Candy eyeballs for topping ( found at Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby etc. )
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Optional add black food coloring to get a deeper shade of black in the cookies. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the egg and vanilla, scrape down the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the milk on the lowest speed and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on the baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Top cookies with candy eyeballs. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes. (Alternately you can chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 36).
- Bake at 350˚ F for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.