Part 1: Brownie base
- 200 g Yumbo plant-based egg yolk
- 80 g Castor sugar
- 120 g Dark chocolate
- 70 g Margarine
- 50 g Self-raising gluten-free flour
- 25 g deZaan Holland True Dark 10/12% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 4 g Gluten-free baking powder
Part 2: Caramel Ganache
- 225 g Dark chocolate
- 150 g Salted soya caramel sauce
- 60 g Soya milk
- 10 g deZaan Holland True Dark 10/12% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Margarine
- 20 g Glucose
Part 3: Chocolate glaze
- 500 g Soya milk
- 50 g Castor sugar
- 3 g Agar Agar
- 25 g deZaan Holland True Gold 20/22% Natural Cocoa Powder
Part 4: Salted soya caramel
- 150 g Castor sugar
- 2 g Salt
- 250 g Soya milk
- 50 g Margarine
- 50 g Glucose
Part 5: Salted caramel cremeux
- 300 g Salted soya caramel
- 100 g Soya milk
- 120 g Yumbo plant-based egg yolk
- 30 g Castor sugar
- 20 g Corn flour
- 250 g Margarine
Part 1: Method
- Melt the chocolate and margarine, whisk the yolk and sugar on the kitchen aid together for 5 minutes on full speed.
- Pour the mix into a large bowl, add the chocolate mix and whisk gently, pour the sieved dry ingredients in and mix well.
- Pour into a lined cake ring and bake at 160°C for 15 minutes.
Part 2: Method
- Melt the chocolate to 40°C. Boil the salted caramel sauce, soya milk, glucose and cocoa powder.
- Add the hot liquid to the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Finally, add the margarine and hand blend until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cold set brownie and refrigerate to set.
Part 3: Method
- Bring the soya milk and cocoa powder to a boil, and mix sugar and agar agar together.Add the agar sugar mix gradually and reboil the glaze. Cook for 1 minute, then pass the glaze through a fine sieve.
- Cool the glaze on an ice bath to 35°C, then pour over the entremet, coat twice with the glaze and then refrigerate to set.
- Once the cake has set in the fridge, cut into 12 portions evenly and serve.
Part 4: Method
- Make a direct caramel with sugar and salt until a clear golden brown color.
- Then add butter and glucose and stir until emulsified.
- Add soya milk and cook on a medium heat until 165°C.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Use in the recipes as required.
Part 5: Method
- Boil soya caramel and soya milk. Whisk the yolk sugar and corn flour together.
- Add the the mix and whisk constantly until it boils. Once boiled, remove from the heat and cool on an ice bath to 40°C.
- Once at 40°C, remove from ice bath and add margarine and hand blend until smooth. Pour the cremeux on the set layer of ganache and refrigerate again to set.
- Once set, remove and place in the freezer for 2 hours before glaze with the chocolate glaze.