Part 1: Cocoa Chili Sin Carne
- 50 g Olive oil
- 300 g Onion
- 280 g Carrot ( cleaned )
- 80 g Fresh tomatoes
- 50 g Celery
- 50 g Butternut squash
- 200 g Black beans
- 20 g Garlic puree
- 45 ml Tomato puree
- 380 ml Vegetable broth
- 380 ml Water
- Lime juice ( 1 piece )
- 20 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9 g Chili powder
- 100 g Butternut squash cubed & roasted
- 10 g deZaan Holland True Dark 10/12% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 15 g deZaan Holland Rich Terracotta 20/22% Dutched Cocoa Powder
- Vegan creme fraiche for finishing ( used Oatly Crème Oat Fraiche )
- In a large (deep) saucepan, sweat onions with oil until soft. (medium to high heat).
- Add in carrots and celery cook to a lightly brown color.
- Lower heat to low/medium heat. Add in tomatoes, butternut squash. Stir.
- Add in black beans and the rest of the ingredients except for the cocoa powders.
- Simmer on low heat until beans have been cooked through.
- Add in Cocoa powders and stir (addition of cocoa powder can be adjusted by personal taste).
- Allow to simmer for another 10-15 min.
- Transfer to desired serving bowls and garnish with roasted butternut squash cubes and a quenelle of vegan crème fraiche.