Part 1: Macaron Shell
- 250 g Fine almond flour
- 250 g Confectioner's sugar
- 440 g Dissolved cocoa butter
- 238 g Dissolved coconut fat
- 50 g deZaan Holland True Gold 20/22% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 160 g Sugar
- 170 g Water
- 16 g Soy protein powder
- 0.5 g Carob gum flour
- 250 g Granulated sugar
- 250 g Water
Part 2: Ganache
- 270 g Water
- 10 g Soy protein powder
- 105 g Dextrose powder
- 90 g Glucose syrup ( 45°)
- 52 g Invert sugar syrup
- 440 g Cocoa butter ( melted )
- 238 g Coconut oil
- 200 g deZaan Holland True Gold 20/22% Natural Cocoa Powder
- 160 g Sugar
Part 1: Method
- Combine the almond flour, confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa powder and sift.
- Mix 85g of the water with 8g of the soy protein until smooth. Combine with the sifted dry ingredients to form a paste; set aside.
- Combine the remaining 85g water, remaining 8g soy protein powder, and the carob gum flour in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix by hand until smooth. Using the whisk attachment, whip until the meringue is creamy and holds soft peaks.
- Cook the water and granulated sugar to 240°F/118°C.
- With the mixer running, stream the sugar syrup into the meringue.
- Whip until the outside of the bowl is no longer hot (it should still be warm). Fold the meringue into the almond paste in 3 batches.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Pipe rounds of batter onto a sheet tray and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 155°C/300°F. Bake the macaron shells for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Part 2: Method
- Stir together the water and soy protein powder until smooth.
- Add the dextrose powder, glucose, and invert sugar and blend until smooth. Add the melted cocoa butter, coconut oil, deZaan cocoa powder, and granulated sugar and blend until smooth and emulsified.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours. Bring to room temperature before using.
Part 3: Assembly
- Transfer the ganache to a piping bag.
- Pipe ganache onto the flat side of half the macaron shells and sandwich with a second.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator to enjoy later.