Part 1: Maracaibo Sponge
- 63 g Granulated sugar
- 1 g Salt
- 2 g Egg white powder
- 125 g Egg white
- 100 g Egg yolk
- 50 g Egg, whole, pasteurized
- 25 g Inverted sugar
- 25 g Granulated sugar
- 25 g Felchlin Maracaibo Venezuela 88% Dark Couverture Chocolate
- 25 g Butter
- 50 g Pastry flour
- 25 g Felchlin Maracaibo Venezuela 61% Dark Chocolate Mousse Powder
- 25 g Felchlin Organic Suhum Ghana 100% Cacaomass
Part 2: Chocolate Crumble
- 155 g Butter ( unsalted )
- 180 g Granulated brown sugar
- 135 g Pastry flour
- 65 g Cornmeal
- 30 g Felchlin Maracaibo Venezuela 61% Dark Chocolate Mousse Powder
- 80 g Almond flour
- 1 g Sea salt
Part 3: Chocolate Mousse & Maracaibo
- 38 g Felchlin Organic Suhum Ghana 100% Cacaomass
- 150 g Felchlin Maracaibo Venezuela Grated 65% Dark Couverture Chocolate
- 38 g Whole milk
- 38 g Heavy cream
- 90 g Egg yolk
- 56 g Granulated sugar
- 75 g Egg white
- 265 g Heavy cream
Part 4: Vanilla Chantilly
- 525 g Heavy cream
- 65 g Mascarpone cheese
- 42 g Inverted sugar
- 8 g Vanilla bean
Part 1: Method
- Mix together first measure of granulated sugar, salt and egg white powder. Pour over liquid white egg and stir till dissolved. Whip mixture to create a creamy meringue mass.
- Separately, beat whole egg, egg yolks and sugars (second measure of granulated and inverted) to obtain a foamy mass
- Heat the couverture to 50°C/122°F and fold onto the meringue mass. Add butter.
- Sieve flour and cocoa powder and mix well into meringue mass. Fold in foamy egg mass.
- Pour the sponge mixture into a 1 cm (0.82in) high silicone tray.
- Bake at 155C/311F in a convection oven for 20-25 min, or at 170C/338F in a deck oven for 15-20 min.
Part 2: Method
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, cocoa powder and almond flour together with sea salt and add to butter mixture.
- Knead till obtaining crumbles and bake at 145°C/293°F in a convection oven, or at 165°C/329°F in a deck oven for 15-20 minutes.
Part 3: Method
- Melt chocolates at 65°C/149°F
- Bring milk to boil and pour half of it over the chocolates. Add the egg yolks and then the second half of the milk. Mix
- Create a meringue with granulated sugar and egg white and lightly whip the heavy cream.
- Mix the ganache into the whipped cream. Pour the mass into the meringue and delicately mix till well combined.
Part 4: Method
- Whisk together all ingredients
Part 5: Assembly
- Pour the Maracaibo mousse over the crumble into a 1.5 cm (0.6in) tray. Freeze.
- Spread a thin layer of tempered Maracaibo 65% couverture onto a plastic sheet. When it starts crystallizing, cut rectangles of 8 x 21 cm ( 3.1 x 8.3 in).
- Remove the frozen tray and cut rectangles of 7 x 20 cm (2.8 x 7.9 in).
- Place a decor such as a chocolate platelet on top and pipe vanilla chantilly with a St. Honore piping tube. Decor as desired.