Servings: 1 Pie
- 4 oz Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp Espresso Powder Keep the two separate
- 1 nine-inch Graham Cracker Crust Want to make you own? Visit our White Chocolate Cheesecake recipe for instructions
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks.
- In saucepan, heat milk with 1 tablespoon of the espresso powder to just under a simmer, whisk into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour back into saucepan; cook, whisking constantly, until thick. Add chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into crust and press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set.
- Just before serving, whisk cream with confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder until soft peaks form.
- Cut pie into 8 slices; top each slice with a dollop of the whipped cream. (If you prefer, mound the whipped cream on top of the pie and spread it with a spatula before cutting.)