- 4 1/2 oz Guittard Lever Du Soleil 61% Dark Chocolate Baking Wafers
- 3 cups Half & Half
- 1 strip Orange Zest About 1/2 x 3 inches
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brandy Optional
- Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water and heat until melted.
- Meanwhile combine the half and half, orange zest, cinnamon stick, and brown sugar in a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat to a gentle boil, then strain.
- Slowly stir the melted chocolate into the hot half and half until blended. Add the brandy, if desired.
- Keep warm in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. If the hot chocolate is overheated it becomes too thick.