Part 1: Cake
- 3 Large eggs ( room temperature )
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Confectioner's sugar
Part 2: Filling
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Guittard 4,000-Count Semisweet Dark Chocolate Chips
Part 1: Method - Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in pumpkin. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, baking powder and baking soda; fold into egg mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a tea towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Part 2: Method - Filling
- In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, mix ricotta cheese and sugar until blended; stir in chocolate chips. Fold in whipped cream.
Part 3: Assembly
- Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Place on a platter, seam side down. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours until serving.