- 400 g g icing sugar
- 600 g butter
- 200 g Lubeca Lübecker Marzipan 52% Mediterranean Almond Paste
- 150 g egg
- 1000 g wheat flour
- 1000 g Lubeca Lübecker Marzipan 52% Mediterranean Almond Paste
- 450 g sugar
- 200 g egg
- 50 g water
- Whisk Marzipan almond paste with butter and icing sugar until light in color and creamy.
- Add egg and flour in small amounts at a time while mixing it into a smooth short pastry dough.
- Roll dough to approx 2mm
- Mix the Marzipan almond paste with the other ingredients to form a smooth mass. Beat until slightly foamy.
- Line baking tray with short pastry (muffin trays work well)
- Put the filling into lined baking trays, and top with short pastry (2 mm)
- Bake for approximately 20 min. at 350°F
- Once cool, brush it with strained apricot jam and frost it with fondant or sugar coating
- Decorate with roasted fine almonds or diced pistachio nuts