- 57 g (2 oz) unsalted butter
- 60 g (1/4 cup) neutral oil
- 227 g (8 oz) Valrhona Guanaja 70% Dark Couverture Chocolate Feves
- 106 g (1/2 cup) packed brown sugar
- 99 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 168 g (3 large) eggs
- 10 g (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 80 g (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) fine sea salt
- 170 g (6 oz) Valrhona Guanaja 70% Dark Couverture Chocolate Feves chopped
- 113 g (1 cup) chopped almonds
- one 9-inch piecrust, parbaked and cooled completely
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) with a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, combine the butter, oil, and Guanaja 70% Feves. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is fully melted and combined. Let cool slightly.
- Add both sugars to the chocolate mixture and mix well to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the flour and salt and mix to ensure there are no flour pockets but do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate and almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes with a few moist, clumpy crumbs, 45-50 minutes. Let the pie cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.