Servings: 1 8" Cake
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 oz Valrhona Guanaja 70% Dark Chocolate Baking Feves
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Butter the cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment round. Butter the top of the parchment and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating in 20-second increments, stirring in between until fully melted. Add the softened butter and mix to combine. The mixture should be creamy and the butter should not be melted.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and cornstarch, whisk into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the room temperature eggs and vanilla extract, then whisk again.
- Finish by adding the COCOA POWDER, mixing with a spatula until smooth.
- Bake at 375°F (191°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. While still warm, invert onto a serving dish and continue to cool.
- Heat the first quantity of heavy cream with the honey. Bring to just under a boil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating in 20-minute increments, stirring in between until fully melted. Slowly add the hot liquid over the melted chocolate in several additions, mixing well before adding more liquid.
- Once all the hot liquid is incorporated, blend with an immersion blender or electric mixer.
- Add the second quantity of cream (cold) all at once to the chocolate ganache and blend again with an immersion blender or electric mixer.
- Pour into a shallow container and place plastic film directly on the surface. Refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight.
- Once the cake is cooled and the whipped ganache has chilled overnight, place the ganache in a mixing bowl and whisk to medium soft peaks. Do not over whip. Spread the whipped ganache on top of the cake and finish with fresh blackberries and blueberries. Enjoy at room temperature and refrigerate any unused portions.