Servings: 2 servings
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8.5 oz Valrhona Caraibe 66% Couverture Dark Chocolate Feves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- Brew 2 cups of strong hot coffee and add sugar
- Melt the Valrhona feves in either a double boiler, or a microwave-safe bowl. If using a double boiler, bring the water to a simmer and light steam, and slowly melt the chocolate while mixing in intervals. If microwaving, use half power in 30 second intervals, mixing until uniform. Do not let the chocolate burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour ⅓ of hot coffee over the melted chocolate. Use a whisk mix quickly to obtain an elastic and shiny mixture, then add ⅓ more of the hot coffee.
- Continue the process, and mix rapidly to emulsify. Once the emulsion is ready, add the rest of the hot coffee and mix with a hand blender.
- Add sugar to the mixture and and blend well. Once blended, chill the mixture.
- Once cooled down, add the milk and cream. Blend well with a whisk or hand blender, and once complete, strain and chill again before serving over ice.