Part 1: Timut Pepper, Vanilla & Ivoire Whipped Ganache
- 300 g Whipping cream
- 35 g Invert sugar
- 35 g Allez Belgian Glucose Syrup – 7 Kilo Tub
- 2 g Timut pepper
- 445 g Valrhona Ivoire 35% White Couverture Chocolate Feves
- 500 g Whipping cream
- 1 Vanilla bean
Part 2: Fresh Raspberry Confit
- 235 g Raspberry puree
- 160 g Neutral glaze
- 5 g Lemon zest
- 250 g Fresh raspberries
Part 3: Almond Shortcrust Pastry
- 70 g Dry butter
- 55 g Sugar
- 15 g Almond flour
- 1 g Salt
- 30 g Eggs
- 35 g Strong white bread flour
- 100 g Strong white bread flour
Part 4: Lemon Zest & Ivoire Pressed Shortcrust Pastry
- 280 g Almond shortcrust pastry
- 210 g Crispy wheat flake cereal
- 110 g Valrhona Ivoire 35% White Couverture Chocolate Feves
- 3 Lemon zests
Part 5: Spray Mix
- 300 g Valrhona Ivoire 35% White Couverture Chocolate Feves
- 200 g Cocoa butter
Part 1: Method
- Bring the smaller portion of cream to the boil.
- Infuse with the vanilla and the Timut pepper for 20 minutes.
- Strain, check the weight and add a little more if necessary.
- Add the glucose and invert sugar. Slowly combine the hot mixture at 140°F (60°C) with the melted chocolate, mixing in the center to create an elastic texture and shiny look – This is a sign that you are starting to make an emulsion.
- Continue, gradually adding the liquid.
- Mix using an immersion blender to form a perfect emulsion.
- Add the larger portion of whipping cream.
- Mix again.
- Store in the refrigerator and leave to set, preferably overnight.
- Whip until firm.
Part 2: Method
- Mix the raspberry purée and neutral glaze using an immersion blender.
- Add the raspberries and zest, and mix gently.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Part 3: Method
- First mix the creamed butter, fine salt, confectioner’s sugar, almond flour, eggs and the smaller portion of flour. Do not beat this mixture !
- As soon as you have a homogeneous mixture, add the remaining flour very quickly.
- Store in the refrigerator or spread out immediately.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C).
Part 4: Method
- Break the baked shortcrust pastry into crumbs in a stand mixer, then incorporate the crispy wheat flake cereal, melted chocolate and the zest of three lemons.
Part 5: Method
- Melt the ingredients together.
- Reduce the temperature of the mixture to 85-90°F (30-32°C).
- Strain before use.
- To give your spray mix a velvety finish, heat the mixture to 105- 115°F (40-45°C) and spray it onto your frozen product.
Part 6: Assembly
- Make the whipped ganache and raspberry confit. Beat some of the whipped ganache to give it an airy texture (500g).
- Fill 5cm-diameter half-sphere silicone molds with 18g of whipped ganache, then place the molds in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Using a melon baller, dig out the center of the whipped ganache, smooth the half-spheres if necessary, then freeze them.
- Arrange 18g of pressed shortbread in a 5cm- diameter ring and press down lightly.
- Remove from the ring immediately and repeat as many times as required.
- Store these rounds in the freezer.
- Roll shards of pressed shortbread in a small amount of gold sparkling powder.
- Store away from humidity.
- Turn out the half-spheres of whipped ganache and place them on the pressed shortcrust pastry rounds.
- Use a spray gun to apply spray mix onto the desserts to create a velvet effect.
Part 7: Decorating
- Fill a piping bag with tempered white chocolate.
- On a sheet of dipping paper, make 5 to 6cm-diameter rings of couverture chocolate.
- Sprinkle with pieces of browned shortbread, top with a second sheet of dipping paper, and gently flatten using a rolling pin.
- Leave to set.
- Whip the second portion of whipped ganache (650g) to give it an airy texture and transfer it to a piping bag with a plain round 16mm-diameter nozzle, then store in the refrigerator.
- Using a dab of whipped ganache, stick a velvet-textured round to the center of the plate.
- Fill the center of the half-sphere with fresh raspberry confit.
- Set a chocolate ring on the half-sphere.
- Using the piping bag, place a droplet of whipped ganache (25g) on the confit.
- Arrange dabs of confit on the plate.
- Decorate the droplet with a few pieces of browned shortbread and raspberry crispies.